Friday, May 1, 2009

Calorie Restriction and Green Juice

I have been eating fruit only for breakfast for a few weeks now. I find I don't get hungry until around 2PM so that is when I have my juice for the day. Today I was out of Romaine Lettuce so I used up the last of my carrots. The juice today was 13 organic carrots, a finger of Ginger, and a whole bulb of Fennel. I finished it off with some cinnamon. Wow, is this juice every wonderful. Only one problem, it is loaded with calories. Over 400 calories. It pumped up my calories way to much for the day. It does fill me up, in fact maybe to much. Guess I should juice less of it.

I am new to juicing and find I don't like cleaning the darn juicer even though it is easy. So I tend to make to much juice to justify me making it.
I will stick with the Romaine, lemon, apple, and kale juice. It is far less calories than carrots.
I went way over my calories today. I made stuffed bell peppers and ate 1.5 peppers with green beans. It is 6 hours since dinner and I am still stuffed. My calories for today were around 1600. I sure wanted to keep them at 1200. Gone wrong again.

The scale was good to me again. I have been varying my calories intentionally to see if I could repair my metabolism so I could break a plateau. I need to lose the remaining 20 pounds. I think it has worked. I was 139 today, again. I have been as high as 142.
Of course I expect a gain after eating 1600 calories today. What an idiot I am.
Food for today
  • 1 Banana
  • 20 oz carrot juice
  • 2 cups blueberries
  • 1.5 bell peppers
  • 4oz ground beef
  • 2 cups green beans
  • 2 oz almonds
  • 1 tbs. flax oil
  • 4 cups green salad
  • honey
  • lemon juice
  • Calories around 1600
That is a lot of food. Tomorrow just has to be a better day.
I have my workout in the morning then grocery shopping. Hopefully I won't be starved when I get home to make my Green Juice. I need a 1200 calorie day so bad. Tomorrow will be it.

Plan it, make a plan and stick with it.

OK


2 comments:

DawnRose said...

Don't get too down on yourself. It's a journey, not perfection. Even though we want it to be perfect, it's never going to be. I think your juice sounds wonderful! And look at it this way, even if you ate 1600 calories (which is my daily goal, btw), they look very healthy:)

Anonymous said...

I have thought about getting a juicer too, but I don't want to mess with the darn cleaning.