Thursday, October 1, 2009

Calorie Restriction while on Vacation

I was in Colorado for 6 days. It was the best trip in a very long time. I visited with family and enjoyed every second of it.
We ate all our meals out and I did very good with staying on CR and my food plan. I didn't lose because I was eating more than I do at home. I often don't eat breakfast nor lunch at home, if I do it is a fruit. We ate 3 meals a day in Colorado. I did order protein and didn't touch the carbs. I did drink wine and beer. Something I don't do at home either.
It was on the darn airplane ride home that I messed up big time. I bought a big bag of pea-nut M&M's and gobbled them all down. I wanted more. The Greek got them for me. I gained 3 damn pounds.
Now I am craving sweets, what an idiot I am. The worst darn thing I could have done.
I also bought 2 melons, 2 huge bags of huge grapes, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and apples.
Of course I am pigging out on all those tasty treats.
Weird how I am sabatoging myself after losing 100 pounds and making such a deal about it. I will get myself back in line. I have to, I feel bloated, fat and miserable. Something I haven't felt in a long time. Amazing how eating bad can do that and fast.
I wanted some candy again tonight  but made sure the Greek didn't head out to buy it, he was on his way when I finally said NO.
I sure wish I lived in Colorado.  Oh well, I don't,  California will have to do. Darn.

4 comments:

~Oct said...

Colorado is a place that I've often wanted to visit. I'm glad you had a good vacation. Yes, it is scary how fast the weight will come back after a slip-up. You'll get things back in line though. You are a strong and determined lady!

DawnRose said...

M&Ms...OH NO!!! :) You'll move beyond it, you are a very disciplined eater usually, so try not to freak yourself out. BTW, I don't think I ever told you congrats on the 100 lb loss. Congratulations!

Kefir said...

Sharing setbacks is good strategy, it's being accountable... and being as awesome as you are comes with a price as you well know, just keep paying it. I love your victory video, it helps me dream the dream and do the work. Thanks again and again.

SheZug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.