Thursday, April 9, 2009

Calorie Restriction with 70% Raw Food

I have been really enjoying eat raw during the day along with Calorie Restriction. It has made food choices so easy. I love how easy it is to grab a piece of fruit for breakfast. Talk about fast food.
My juicer came yesterday. I made my first green juice and loved it. I was very surprised how tasty romaine, kale, an apple, and a lemon can taste juiced. I drank 2 full heads of romaine. Amazing.
I found it filling too.
The way I am eating raw is from the Raw Food Detox Diet book. I eat fruit and drink the green juice on a empty stomach. I am never hungry. I love it. I am going to be buying lots more organic green veggies now.
My weight has been stable at 139 for about a week now. I am still wanting to lose another 15 to 20 pounds but with CR and eating raw I know the weight will come off in time. There is no need to eat less for now. My size 6 jeans are loser than they were a week ago. So I know something is changing.
It is really great to be working again. I got a phone call 2 weeks ago to help a fellow tech out in his lab. I wasn't planning on working again and almost said no. I am happy I didn't, I am enjoying myself. It is weird working for somebody else after being my own boss for over 26 years.
I just don't want working to interfere with my eating plan. So far I am doing OK. Packing a lunch sure is simple. 2 pieces of fruit. As soon as I get home I fix the only cooked food I have for the day. Today is was Salmon with Broccoli. Very tasty.
So, my life is changing again in a very good way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about getting a juicer. I made a green juice (or smoothie) in my blender months ago and I didn't like the texture of it. The pulp of the fruit & greens settled and made it really unpleasant to drink.
The idea of drinking greens sound very refreshing to me.

Unknown said...

I agree, the texture of a green smoothie is not so good. I do like a fruit smoothie but don't indulge because of the calories.
Drinking greens is very refreshing and healthy. You get the goodness faster than eating them. Of course I also eat the same greens in my salads.